Wildland Fire Abatement Services in Vancouver, WA
Wildland fire abatement services are essential to most residents of Washington state. It may not be a service you immediately think that you need. However, it is extremely important to assess your property and think about how fire could affect you. It is particularly important after the recent devastating wildfires that have impacted our area.
At Frontier Tree Service, our skilled staff provides assessments of your home and property. During our evaluation of your landscape, we first identify fire hazards. After that, we make recommendations for how to keep your home and land as safe as possible.
As you walk around your home, do you see dead branches on trees or tree debris littering the ground? Is there weedy grass growing around your property? Have pine needles and other leaves fallen close to wood siding on your home? Do you have any dead shrubs next to your house? If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, your home could be at risk for wildfire damage or destruction.
It is usually small embers that can catch on these hazards and ignite your home. Removing them can go a long way towards protecting your property and providing defensible space from fire.
Fire Abatement Services We Offer:
- Removing dead branches from trees.
- Pruning back any branches that are overhanging your house.
- Removing flammable brush from the ground, including any dead plant material from shrubs.
- Removing pine needles, leaves, and tall grasses from around your property.
- Cutting back foundation plants away from the house and other structures.
- Clearing around propane tanks and barbecues.
Steps You Can Take to Protect Your Home:
- Remove pine needles and leaves from your gutters seasonally.
- Add a screen to your attic vent to prevent embers from entering the structure.
- Move firewood away from the house.
- Sweep porches and decks to keep them free of plant debris.
- Relocate brooms or flammable outdoor furniture/cushions on porches or near the house.
Click here for more information and recommendations made by the state of Washington on defending your property from fire.
Our safe, carefully monitored abatement process removes potential fire risks from homes, healthy trees, and other structures. Don’t let your property be vulnerable to a wildfire. Be proactive and call us to help with fire prevention.
*Frontier Tree Service, formerly known as Sunshine Tree Service, has been serving Vancouver, Portland, and Clark County since 1980. In 2010 Sunshine Tree Service became a part of the Frontier Landscaping Team. Frontier Landscaping proudly offers full-service landscaping and maintenance for residential and commercial clients. We are fully licensed, bonded, and insured.