Our team provides a quality landscape experience and professional service that exceeds expectations, develops and energizes team members to meet personal and career goals, and actively participates throughout the community.
Landscape Maintenance Foreperson
Working in partnership with the Maintenance Supervisor, the candidate will oversee the operation of the landscape maintenance services while working within the
limitations of the budget and company policies. The Candidate is expected to work in cooperation with all other departments, with company profitability and customer service as the top priorities.
- You will be responsible for (on-site) supervision of crew assignments and work.
- Maintaining accurate records of crew travel time, equipment hours, and maintenance time, etc., and reports information to maintenance supervisor on a timely basis.
- The candidate will review specs and/or plans and estimates with supervisor in advance in order to determine requirements on any/all new jobs.
- The landscape maintenance foreperson will oversee the loading and unloading of trucks to ensure proper materials, supplies and equipment for the job are available.
- The candidate will train employees under his/her direction.
- The candidate is responsible for promoting education, safety and teamwork.
General / Overall Responsibilities
- Will become familiar with job specifications.
- Performs maintenance work according to scope of work and specifications of job.
- Assigning crew members to job tasks.
- Training crew members in the proper method of equipment operation.
- Assisting with and teaching safety on the job.
- Maintaining and servicing all equipment on the job.
- Reporting to the Account Manager on progress, problems and needs.
- Completing accident reports as required.
- Keeping a job log.
- Seeing that all timecards and invoices are turned in daily.
- Acquire and maintain Pesticide Applicators License.
- Have an ability to recognize and meet customers’ desires.
- Reflect a positive attitude toward customers and fellow workers.
- Work at a productive rate.
- Must be able to make decisions that will benefit customers and company to generate sales.
- Capable of adjusting schedules according to equipment availability, weather, personnel, or other resource variations.
- Reading scope of work and contracts.
- Ability to operate, all maintenance equipment.
- Ability to manage people and delegate responsibility.
- Have a valid driver’s license and be able to drive large trucks (standard and automatic)
- Ability to repeatedly lift, using proper lifting techniques.
- Possess good communication skills.
- Be able to evaluate priorities of job routines.
- Must have some experience and understanding of plants and their maintenance.
- Must have some experience in landscape maintenance and ability and willingness to improve knowledge and skills.
- Ability to evaluate Job Performance of team members and report to supervisor.
Will act as a sounding board for all departments within the company. Work as a team with the other departments.
Employees may be assigned other duties by department manager, at other times when their department or job is not operating or during down season.
This job description is intended to serve as a guide to overall job assignments and as a tool to be used in establishing a sound rate of pay for work performed.
A certain amount of overlapping of duties between jobs is necessary if complete departmental efficiency is to be attained. Therefore, if an employee in another job classification is asked to perform certain duties listed in this job description, it should not be necessarily constructed to mean he/she is performing this overall job.
Working in Oregon but live in Washington?
Contact us for full time work!
$18 to $22
Apply by filling out our online application at the button at the bottom of the job description!